Marten Falls First Nation is accepting applications for the position of:
Director of Education
The Director of Education is responsible to the Chief and Council of Marten Falls First Nation. Responsibilities include leadership and supervision for the Elementary, Secondary, Post-Secondary and the proposed pre-school and training programs.
Duties (includes, but, not limited to):
- Collaborate with staff on submissions for funding, education expenditures, program budgets, tuition agreements, operation of programs and reports.
- Oversee staffing requirements and ensure job descriptions and contracts are in place.
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to all Education staff.
- Follow policies and procedures and revise them to ensure legal requirements are met.
- Work to ensure the safety and security of students, staff and property.
- Organize professional development and information sessions as required.
- Act in an advisory position for the Chief and Council, Education supervisors, and represent Marten Falls First Nation Education at meetings.
- Bachelor of Education Degree and preferably a Masters Degree in Education or Administration with a minimum of five years of experience in First Nations education.
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations and teamwork skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity by showing respect to staff, parents, students, administration and community members.
- A drivers’ license is recommended
To be considered for this position, resumes must be forwarded by Nov. 24, 2017 to:
Sandra Moonias, Acting Director of Education, Marten Falls First Nation, Thunder Bay Office, 905 905 Victoria Ave. E., Ste. 103 Thunder Bay, ON P7C 1BC
e-mail – email@example.com